- The average household usage is 500kw/month
- A 3.3 kw system would be needed to power an average home with solar
- A 3.3 kw system would cost around $17,000. Systems are financeable and come with an average 25 yr warranty.
- Financing is available through First Bank, Scotia Bank or In-House Financing with most providers.
- The savings earned by installing the system make an investor in solar more creditworthy. Increasing disposable income comes with the savings from installing a solar system.
- There is currently a 30% federal tax credit which is set to expire in 2016.
- The USDA is currently offering grants to fund solar projects.
- The average return on investment for a solar system is 4-5 years.